Cool mist humidifiers keep your room moist by dispersing cool vapors throughout the room. Humidifiers are usually needed in dry areas or during winter when heating is turned on all day long. The dryness in the room causes dry lips, itchy skin, cough, sinus problems and cracking of wood furniture. This also causes breathing problems and other allergies.
Using a cool mist humidifier is the best solution to the above problems. Warm mist humidifiers are also useful but they have the risk of causing burns, especially in houses with children. Hence, most people prefer buying cool mist humidifiers. In this article, we review the best cool mist humidifiers in the market.
Best Cool Mist Humidifiers
1. Honeywell HCM350W Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier
Honeywell’s HCM350W is one of the best humidifiers in the market. It claims to have UV technology that helps kill up to 99.9% of bacteria, mold, and fungus that’s in the water. It is super quiet and easy to use and refill. It has a 3-speed control for moisture output. Its Self Regulating Evaporative System naturally adjusts output to the amount of moisture the air can handle
- QuietCare Performance – up to 25% quieter than other evaporative humidifiers
- Runs up to 24 hours per filling on low setting
- Protec Antimicrobially Treated Wicking filter removes impurities from water reducing white dust. Break-resistant water tank with wide opening that is easy to fill and clean
- 3-speed settings to adjust moisture output and sound level
- 2 Gallon tank
- Dishwasher safe parts
- 3 year limited warranty
- Silent operation
Room Type: Best for humidifying medium size rooms – i.e. small living rooms or large bedrooms
Honeywell’s HCM350W Cool Mist Humidifier Price
2. TaoTronics Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
TaoTronics Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is a great high capacity humidifier best suited for large rooms. The operation is silent and perfect for home and office use. The filter is easily cleaned and has very low maintenance and prolonged life service. Its mist control dial is super useful as you can tweak output and mist level per your personal preferences.
Two 360 degree rotatable nozzles are very useful in directing the mist as needed – especially in the living room. It is also quite silent compared with other cool mist humidifiers in the market. The only downside to this product is that cleaning the water tank is tedious due to the product design.
- Large 3.5 L / 0.92 gallon water tank
- Double 360-degree rotatable mist nozzles output mist in two directions simultaneously
- Maximum output of 300 ml/h (0.08 gal/h) quickly filling a large space of up to 25 m2 / 270 ft2
- Extra-fine ceramic cartridge that filters water from micro-organisms and bad odor.
- Classic control knob adjusts the amount of mist flow nice and easy
- Up to 10 hours of continuous mist without refilling
- Automatic shutoff on detecting low water levels
Room Type: Best for humidifying small to medium living rooms or office waiting areas.
TaoTronics Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Price
3. MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier from Pure Enrichment is a powerful and aesthetically pleasing tabletop humidifier. This compact product is packed with smart features that make it the perfect solution for improving the air quality in small or medium rooms. This doesn’t have filters, a fact that reduces the effort of cleaning filters periodically. On the low setting, this delivers to 16 hours of continuous and silent operation.
- 360 Degree Mist Nozzle
- Whisper-Quiet Operation
- Automatic Shut-Off
- Night Light Function
- 1.5-liter tank
- Delivers a moisture output of 150 milliliters per hour
- 2 Year Warranty
Room Type: Best for humidifying small to medium size rooms – i.e. small living rooms, bedrooms, office cabins etc.
MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Price
4. Anypro Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Anypro’s Ultrasonic cool mist humidifier can run 20 to 36 hours of continuous operation so you can breathe easily and sleep better. It’s 0.9 Gallon capacity tank makes sure that you don’t need to refill every day.
Longer mist stream provides perfect coverage and leaves no condensation on the floor. Premium material helps suppress mold growth- works best with distilled water. It doesn’t use a filter. It is very easy to fill, use and clean. It is super quiet, hence a great fit for bedroom use.
- Humidity Control Dial
- 360 degree adjustable mist spray
- Antibacterial material water tank which suppresses mold growth.
- 6 soft glow LED colors: red, purple, blue, green, yellow, pink.
- Deep groove base design prevents leakage
- Durable product with crushing resistance
- Max mist: 250ml/h
Room Type: Best for humidifying medium to large rooms up to 538 sq ft (50m²) – i.e. living rooms, large bedrooms and small offices.
Anypro Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Price
5. Honeywell HUL520B Mistmate Cool Mist Humidifier
The MistMate Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is tailor-made for small rooms, especially which require both compactness and silence to give a comfortable night’s sleep. The compact size and fun color options make it perfect for small areas such as desktops and nightstands.
It has variable moisture output control dial. It doesn’t have any filters making it a maintenance-free product. The small tank (0.5 Gallon) means that you need to refill every night, but that’s a known tradeoff of having a compact unit that you can place anywhere.
- Runs up to 18 hours per filling on low setting
- Designed for small rooms and personal space
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Tank capacity is 0.5 gallon
- Variable mist output settings
- Auto shut-off when empty
- Large tank opening for easy filling and cleaning
Room Type: Best for humidifying small rooms – i.e. bedrooms and office cabins.
MistMate Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Price
Selecting the Best Cool Mist Humidifier
- Identify the room size that you want to buy the humidifier for.
- Outline what size humidifier you need – one with a large tank that requires a lot of space and less frequent refills or a compact which needs to be refilled every day.
- Outline the humidifier features that you need – do you need one with fine-tuned mist controls, night LED lighting, child-friendly colors, silent operation etc?
Once you have clarity on the above questions, choosing the best cool mist humidifier from one of the 5 great products above will be really easy.
Benefits of Cool Mist Humidifiers
Cool mist humidifiers disperse a continuous stream of room-temperature mist throughout your room. These humidifiers may use either of evaporative or ultrasonic technologies.
- Utlrasonic Humidifiers: Cool mist ultrasonic humidifiers use ultrasonic vibration technology to create a micro-fine cool mist that is quietly released throughout your environment.
- Evaporative Humidifiers: Cool mist evaporative humidifiers use an internal wick filter to absorb water while a fan blows the air through the filter. This process causes the water to evaporate throughout your room as an ultra-fine, invisible mist.
Because the water is not heated before it is dispersed, cool mist humidifiers typically use less electricity. Many parents also opt for cool mist humidifiers to avoid hot water accidents in places where children or pets are around.
We hope you found our review useful in helping you decide and buy the best cool mist humidifier for your needs. We are happy to hear your suggestions.